My reading list for Microsoft Exam 70-533 – Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions is finally complete enough to share.
I have not had time to take the exam myself yet, so it might still come some changes to the list. Happy reading 🙂
A new Azure PowerShell release is available. To upgrade, click this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=320376&clcid=0x409 or follow the guide from the Microsoft Azure Documentation http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/install-configure-powershell/
This Azure PowerShell release includes:
- Role-based access control support
- Query role definition
- Manage role assignment
- Query Active Directory object
- Show user’s permissions on
- Active Directory service principal login support in Azure Resource Manager mode
- Add-AzureAccount -Credential -ServicePrincipal -Tenant
- SQL Database auditing support in Azure Resource Manager mode
- Other improvements
- Virtual Machine DSC extension supports configuration argument
- Virtual Machine Antimalware extension supports native JSON configuration
- Storage supports creating storage account with different geo-redundant options
- Traffic Manager supports nesting of profiles
- Website supports configuring x32/x64 worker process
- -Detail parameter on Get-AzureResourceGroup to improve performance
- Major refactoring around account and subscription management
Had a case yesterday where we needed the password for a Certificate PFX file.
Luckily we found this tool, and after a short time using brute force we got the password: http://crackpkcs12.sourceforge.net/
If you have a netbook or a small laptop, why not spin this up in Azure using a Linux machine?
Anyhow, it works, and the service is back on line 🙂
Microsoft Learning announced a few days ago that they have now released two exams for Azure!
- Exam 70-532 that’s targeting developers
- Exam 70-533 that’s targeting IT professionals
Read the full blog post here http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2014/09/04/microsoft-azure-certifications-now-available.aspx